do no harm:


idit dobb-weinstein: "teaching is action and thinking at once. What I try to guard against most when I teach is not speaking as if my answer were conclusive, so as to avoid (to the extent possible) any kind of dogmatic appropriation. It is understandable why students might wish to imitate their teachers, but there are different modes of imitation. I try very hard to avoid the mimetic appropriation that is immediate, passive, and occludes thinking. One other reason is that if I made clear what my views were, and my views appeared as if they were final, it would preclude the possibility of first, students challenging me and second, learning from my students. The relation between the student and teacher is, to me, a dynamic relationship . . . Teaching and learning is a movement that occurs between. In other words, we are at once both agent and patient, both teacher and learner. If we are not very careful, we can do a great deal of harm. And that, too, I have learned from my teachers, Maimonides especially.

I believe my task is to provoke students to think and to engage them in genuine dialogue and questioning. To paraphrase a rabbinic saying, 'I have learned from my teachers, and I have learned from my peers, but I have learned most from my students.' And that is a continuous process of learning."

Wednesday 19 May 2010

tell the internet you are sorry

tell the internet you are sorry, if you have harassed or verbally abused students at LACC.

the internet is sorry about the blogosphere and wishes people would stop doing stupid stuff.

but warning:::::if you continue to harass women and minorities on campus I WILL BLOG ABOUT IT, so your kids can know how creepy you were back in 2010.

and if you are thinking about coming to the school, you will need so much therapy, the cheap tuition isn't so big a discount.

the way i handle stress is writing and art.  sometimes spending sprees.  it used to be overeating.  now its undereating.  i think the bad vibes at LACC are actually making me lose weight.

but i know my brain needs food.  but ASO harassment, and the paralegal department harassment, and cristy passman's protection of the abuse, make me want to throw up.

kudos to the collegian!!!!!!!!!  thanks for quoting me!!!!!!!!!   thanks for exposing the ASO alcohol seduction of a minor scandal!!!   thanks for writing about the personal attacks against sheila dharod.

unbelievable.  ASO president james butler-zetino said by email (may 12 2010) he refused to read a letter in sheila's defense, and that they had her removed: "she was extracted like the cancer she is."  i wish his future friends and spouse and employers a word of caution.
regarding the exculpatory letter exonerating sheila he said
"i did get  the letter you wrote regarding sheila. lol . . . . "
when the author wrote back asking if it was fair,
james butler-zetino wrote:

"fair? no worries. we did not even read it. she was extracted like the cancer she is"
i want to get my hands on the email exchange.
i can't believe he would right
the collegian debuted their articles regarding the underage student who claims zetino bought her alcohol with school money and verbally harassed her in a sexual way.  the student has dropped out of school.

jerome robinison is such a powerful presence and speaker.
his speech gave me the courage to give mine.
i left after that, because i wanted to get it on youtube and get some stuff done, and student government seems like a major time waste, in a addition to being a place to pick up bad manners and a hateful attitude about life.  the birds outside my window are far more poetic.

i wonder what other emails would shed light on all these LACC scandals.



youtube annotation:

jerome robinson reads cruel  "extracted like the cancer she is" email penned by LACC ASO president james butler-zetino.
the collegian today published an expose of zetino's alleged harassment of a minor and attempt to get her drunk on school money.
unbelievably, the ASO president, in addition to supporting the defamation campaign of sheila dharod (who exposed the corruption), has no clue about email as e-evidence.  do not say anything in an email you don't want to see in court, or that conveys corruption and such animosity and cruelty.  amazing that this comes to light.
LACC feels like a greek tragedy.
with so much hatefulness, i feel fear.  
thank you jerome for shining a light on this cruelty!  


youtube annotation:

"if sheila were my own sister or my own daughter i would tell her please don't go to a school like this.  it's just, it's just, really, really a shame.  i hope you all  wish better for your children."

that's me talking, mary eng.  don't you like my flowing black clothes?  it makes it more dramatic.   but it is really sad.

i felt like a babysitter giving the motivational speech about world peace and the future.
i think ASO needs the two hour seminar version.
i bet they have been reading "winning through intimidation" instead of "how to win friends and influence people."

i apologize to the victims of their aggression.

but i appreciate everything i have learned from ASO june-may 2010:

1. attack colleagues
2. publicly humiliate yourself to such an excessive degree that people want to film it and put it on youtube in case there is a lawsuit, or someone needs to establish a record of lack of HR skills
3. pettiness
4. aggressiveness
5. mendacity
6. meanness
7. the LACC administration is lazy and unimaginative and will protect you if you harass others because they are cowardly and self-serving
8. cruelty
9.  how to turn a small scandal into a big scandal through short-sightedness and amplifying the effect
(getting it all over the blogosphere and school newspaper)
10.  harassing and inebriating minors is okay if you gag the witness and impeach her from your government
11.  emails are forever
12.  youtube is forever!!!
13. harass a woman, blame it on a woman
14.  try to harass the press and intimidate them from documenting abuse

No comments: