do no harm:


idit dobb-weinstein: "teaching is action and thinking at once. What I try to guard against most when I teach is not speaking as if my answer were conclusive, so as to avoid (to the extent possible) any kind of dogmatic appropriation. It is understandable why students might wish to imitate their teachers, but there are different modes of imitation. I try very hard to avoid the mimetic appropriation that is immediate, passive, and occludes thinking. One other reason is that if I made clear what my views were, and my views appeared as if they were final, it would preclude the possibility of first, students challenging me and second, learning from my students. The relation between the student and teacher is, to me, a dynamic relationship . . . Teaching and learning is a movement that occurs between. In other words, we are at once both agent and patient, both teacher and learner. If we are not very careful, we can do a great deal of harm. And that, too, I have learned from my teachers, Maimonides especially.

I believe my task is to provoke students to think and to engage them in genuine dialogue and questioning. To paraphrase a rabbinic saying, 'I have learned from my teachers, and I have learned from my peers, but I have learned most from my students.' And that is a continuous process of learning."

Thursday 6 May 2010

can we see some solidarity from the faculty here??

does any one have the courage to defy this hate campaign on campus??

why is the faculty so laissez faire and so "good german" about this hate campaign?

i told adamski cristy passman brushes it under one side of the rug, and dean peters brushes it under the other.

so, then it shows up on the internet.

hallmark is coming out with a new card.
it says, "i'm sorry about the internet."

and for the record, i really am tired of facebook etc, but have worked hard to get all that facebookiness out there for those of you who only speak internet if its translated into facebook.

please follow support tweat replicate.
and hey, i am very open license oriented, so republish, remix, etc.

No comments: