do no harm:


idit dobb-weinstein: "teaching is action and thinking at once. What I try to guard against most when I teach is not speaking as if my answer were conclusive, so as to avoid (to the extent possible) any kind of dogmatic appropriation. It is understandable why students might wish to imitate their teachers, but there are different modes of imitation. I try very hard to avoid the mimetic appropriation that is immediate, passive, and occludes thinking. One other reason is that if I made clear what my views were, and my views appeared as if they were final, it would preclude the possibility of first, students challenging me and second, learning from my students. The relation between the student and teacher is, to me, a dynamic relationship . . . Teaching and learning is a movement that occurs between. In other words, we are at once both agent and patient, both teacher and learner. If we are not very careful, we can do a great deal of harm. And that, too, I have learned from my teachers, Maimonides especially.

I believe my task is to provoke students to think and to engage them in genuine dialogue and questioning. To paraphrase a rabbinic saying, 'I have learned from my teachers, and I have learned from my peers, but I have learned most from my students.' And that is a continuous process of learning."

Thursday 6 May 2010


joseph tolle screamed at me when i told him not to touch my shoulder (ultra condescendingly).
he immediately lied saying i touched him first.
super untrue, but super quick save---fast on his toes, lying!
good job, liar!
quick thinking, harasser!
he screamed at me under the ASO election tent on LACC campus last wednesday.
i wrote an incident report at the sheriff's.

"the crime or tort of unconsented physical contact with another person, even where the contact is not violent but merely menacing or offensive. See also assault and battery."

i hope he gets the consent of the next people he puts his hands on.
i don't think he will win his presidential election.
he also lied the next day to dean peters, saying i screamed at him.
i really admire someone who lies so quickly.

i think he is really smart, for a person of no ethics.

youtube description:

i think he should stop touching the girls.
when they launched another attack on an other female for alcohol consumption, she got upset. he ran over to put his hands on her.
when i told him not to keep putting his hand on me every time he talked (in a condescending way)---he screamed at me.
i think he should watch out for his future because this is often undesired, and could lead to future trouble with whatever company he is working for.
when he touched my arm, we had never met before and he snuck up from behind me.
he startled me.
i said, "who are you? i don't know you."
he then did it again as he talked, touching my arm.
i moved back, while continuing to listen.
then he tried to touch my hand and succeeded. i flinched.
he said, i'm sorry.
then he touched my shoulder out in the courtyard.
i said
"don't touch me. you should be careful about touching strangers."
he then proceeded to have a screaming fit.
the next day he lied at the ASO saying i was screaming at him.
this is untrue.
i never raise my voice.
i don't get liars who scream under the election tent while people are casting their vote.
he was running for prez.
you'd think he'd want to put his political career ahead of a tempertantrum.
but no. this is LACC ASO.

No comments: